Indigenous Pre-Cadet Training Program
Applications for the Spring 2024 session have now closed.
On this page
The Indigenous Pre-Cadet Training Program includes a three-week training session at the RCMP Training Academy (Depot) in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Candidates will learn:
- How to work as part of a policing team
- An introduction to the Criminal Code and RCMP policy
- Physical fitness and drill
- Skills to help prepare you to apply to be a police officer
While at Depot, RCMP regular members are with the Candidates 24/7. They provide a full spectrum of support including accommodating any dietary restrictions.
Open to Indigenous Peoples in Canada
To apply you must be:
- First Nation, Inuit or Métis descent
- aged 19 to 29
- a Canadian citizen
- a graduate of a Canadian secondary school (or equivalent)
- able to pass an enhanced reliability security check
What graduates have to say about the Indigenous Pre-Cadet Training Program
"Applying to the Aboriginal (Indigenous) Pre-Cadet Training Program is the best choice I've ever made."
"I wasn't sure about a career with the RCMP. The Aboriginal (Indigenous) Pre-Cadet Training Program changed that for me. I loved every drill, fitness, and classroom session at Depot."
"I'm excited to be able to one day become an RCMP officer and inspire more to join to show that we can make a difference in society."
Learn how to apply
To get more information or to learn how to apply, please email the National Coordinator, Corporal Maureen Greyeyes Brant, RCMP Indigenous Relations Services at firstname.lastname@example.org